Monday, January 7, 2013

Day 2

January 7-Our first "travel" day

Kaiserslautern: A train trip from Ramstein-That was for sure an adventure. We figured out how to use the train stop ticket machine. We had a great train ride-a little woobly like a bumpy car, and made me a little car sick on the return trip but that's later...



We finally got to Kaiserslautern after a 20-30 minute train ride. We met with a lady and got some more stuff figured out about traveling and Germany itself. We finally got to explore the city. First stop was somewhere with sweet treats-which is where I got my donut-it was called something else but I don't remember what.








A girl that is with us had a giant something. We decided it was similar to like a donut covered in cream in a chocolate sandwich.

The lower picture is off all the people that had gotten some of the deliciousness. PS-I look gross-Sorry.




Sooo...We didn't just eat. We walked around-A lot. We found a lot of neat store and we can't wait to go back. I know the girls and I are planning a trip with just us because the boys got kind of annoyed with our shopping. Hey, when you can find a cheap pair of boots for like 10€ (that's euro)  There were a lot of old beautiful churches around the city as well. 


















After the church we walked around some more and found some more awesome stores so we will definitely be going back. We finally made it back to the train station and had to figure out how to get back to Ramstein. It took some collaboration but we finally figured what we were doing. Once we got back we were hungry so that lead us on a totally different journey.

Dinner: Dubliner-Irish Pub

For dinner we went to an Irish pub-yes, an Irish pub in Germany.

I had bangers and mash-which is like brats and mashed potatoes. The potatoes were a bit too runny for my taste, but it was still delicious. To drink I had a few beers and a baby guinness shot. Everything was great and I have a feeling we will be going there many more times. Oh, and before I forget to mention it, there was a horse arena in the back of the bar-

Photo Courtesy: Christopher Minnix

We are now home and relaxing...well, kind of. I'm still getting the feeling of being ignored, and such but I might as well just get used to it. :/ Tomorrow I do believe we are finally getting our ID's. I'm ready to meet my students and get started!!

No comments:

Post a Comment